Saturday 14 February 2015

Happy Valentines Day!

Well this took me FOREVER to draw! I think it must've been over a week, a lot longer than my usual two days at most.


I'm really proud of the colouring, especially on the female's face. I'm a bit disappointed the male's wasn't as good but it's a stepping stone! At least I know I'm learning. I also messed about quite a bit with overlays in this. Actually the overall overlay (confusing...) was a happy mistake. I was messing about (literally) and wanted to see what a bright pink/blue gradient would look like on an overlay. I'm quite happy to say that it enhanced my colours, especially the yellows in the tree, so I decided to keep it. Plus it helps add a bit more of a romance atmosphere to the drawing.

Now I have another surprise. I actually finished next week's drawing before this so I've got time to experiment with more drawings this week. It's a picture for Chinese New Year and I'm so happy it's almost time to show it off. I'm so proud of it. Anyway you'll see it next week so that's enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment