Sunday 29 November 2015

So busy!

Sorry I haven't been able to update anything lately. Work is getting a lot busier so I'm finding it a lot harder to make time for drawing. I doubt I'll keep this "drawing every week" thing going. Perhaps one a month is more realistic now. Unless I suddenly get an urge (and find some time) to draw a lot more. At least it's something though!


I was asked to draw a modern day Studio Ghibli character so of course I went with Princess Mononoke. I always felt that she would never feel comfortable in the bright city lights. I liked experimenting with this drawing. I used a lot of lighting, a lot of colours and I tried to stylise the background a bit to emphasise the fast moving backdrop. I'm still not sure how I feel about the final piece though. I think I managed to portray what I wanted but I still feel like something's missing.

Ah well. Onto the next drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment