Monday 9 May 2016

More inspiration from Japan

Last month I went back to Japan. It's amazing how inspired someone can be just from a place they love! I've been learning the language for a while but I didn't realise just how much I loved it until I went back. I really had the best time there! So I wanted to create something that showed a little of what I love.


I went during sakura season and saw some beautiful sakura/girls in kimonos. It has to be my favourite season to visit! I've already drawn a girl in a kimono but I wanted to draw something slightly more mature, kind of to signify how much I've grown since my last drawing. I brought back the watercolour technique for shading and experimented with a few new brushes. I could probably work more on the colours but I'm very happy about this drawing. I can see so much progress since I first started using Photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment