Saturday 17 January 2015

Staying ahead

Well I'm actually managing to stay ahead of this! I drew two pictures last week so that I could concentrate a bit on learning Japanese (I'm really struggling with the vocabulary). Anyway, I was looking through deviantart and came across quite a number of artists who inspired me to draw. Next week will not be my own character, instead one of my favourite characters. Enough of that for now.


Tah dah! This was originally just supposed to be a joke but I quite liked the sketch. After visiting Japan I've had a craving for ramen and I was joking about it with a friend. I thought why not sketch it quickly and then I just didn't stop. It's only a quick drawing but I'm really pleased with it. I've not managed to draw an "eating" picture successfully so it's quite an achievement for me, especially with no reference. The colours are pretty decent too.

Next week's picture will be much more detailed than this. That's enough for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment