Sunday 8 March 2015

So I'm going back to Japan next year! I've officially started saving and I'm in the middle of planning places to go with a few friends. Since I'm so excited about this I thought I'd draw a picture inspired by it.


I've tried many times to draw a kimono and I can never get it to look right. This time I thought I'd add a sakura (cherry blossom) pattern and I'm quite proud of it! Plus it's also to symbolise the time of year I'm going to visit. I thought I'd try a bit of an unusual colour palette this time too. It's not often that I use both blue and purple for hair. Personally, I think it goes quite well though and matches the sakura petals. I probably should've spent more time on the hair decoration but I figure I could do a study on this another time since they're always so pretty. Anyway, I'm really proud of this picture and hope that there's more Japanese inspired pictures to come soon! Especially since I enjoy drawing these so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment