Sunday 14 September 2014

My creativity is back!

I think my artist's block is going! All it took was a bit of experimenting by myself with no references and a new style. So I decided in work experience I'd stop this copying another artist's work in my own style. I saw an image and decided that I'd do a forest scene. Everything in it was drawn without a reference and even using my own colours. Also, I thought I'd add the flowers myself to make it prettier. I'm pretty pleased with the result. Definitely making progress! Plus I think I'm starting to develop my own style, which is really neat! 


After many relaxing days - plenty of which were spent playing games - I looked through my photos of my trip to the zoo and came across the penguins. They're my favourite animal. I realised that I don't draw animals (at all!) so I'm going to have to start sketching some. Don't know why I never got round to it, especially when it'd help with creating my own characters. Anyway, I just started sketching some penguins, finally got a picture I liked and tried out a new brush. I actually really like it. It's a bit of an adaption from my Japanese girl picture. It's a similar enough style so I think I'm going to be developing it a bit more.


I was so pleased with the penguin drawing that I kept messing about. The colours need worked on but I really do like this style. There are so many things you can do with it so I'm going to keep using it. Looking forward to seeing what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment