Monday 8 September 2014

New mindset

It's not often I come home after work and feel like being productive. After a few messages from people on twitter, I decided that I needed to update and start with a new mindset. I've been in a slump lately and found it very difficult to get out of. I've been drawing so much but ran out of ideas and even started to avoid drawing but all I needed was to take a step away and enjoy myself. I had a good time with friends, went to work, the usual stuff minus the drawing and I feel it's helped. Plus I've had a few conversations with popular artists, some even saying that I've to send a message cause they want to follow my work. That really gave me a kick start. It's not often that I get such positive feedback, well not from people who make a living from their work. 

So I've had a flick through all my different accounts and decided that I need things to be a bit more professional. I'm considering doing a redesign of my website, perhaps when I have more time but for now I concentrated on my twitter. I wanted something simple that shows off my work. I think it does a nice enough job.


Some actual work in progress this week too! It'll probably take me a while to finish these as I'm doing them within my own time. Thought I may as well show them to show that I have actually been doing some work! The first was a drawing I did cause I felt a bit trapped, only drawing what people expected rather than what I wanted to show. I also wanted to see how I'd cope with drawing something completely without any reference. I'm amazed with the result. Before I started experimenting I couldn't draw anything in proportion and my characters looked robotic. Think this shows how far I've came just from drawing continuously and experimenting with styles and ideas.


I also wanted to try something a bit more peaceful. I love playing the piano so thought this would be a good thing to draw. With this I'm trying to experiment with my own colours and different brushes. Still got a long way to go but at least it's a start!


No comments:

Post a Comment