Sunday 31 August 2014

I'm learning!

So this week I came down with a really bad bug. Got time off work to recover but I was too ill to go near a computer and do much work. I did create some quick character sketches when I was getting better so I'd have something to show. Plus a friend of mine requested characters that resembled myself and two other friends. Not the best drawings I've done but the proportions are at least better than my older ones. Shows I'm learning. Plus the colours are much better than previous attempts.


My friend is a big "yes" supporter (for the scottish independence vote) so he wanted some artwork that showed this. Since he's not a big fan of drawing he asked me to do this for him and then I decided to experiment with myself and my friend Lilia, along with our favourite "Pokemon".

I do have two other sketches that I'm planning on colouring. Hopefully at least one will be finished by next week - if not then I'll do some more experimentation until they're ready. They're completely my own design (no copying artwork to learn) as I feel I'm ready to start experimenting. Perhaps these won't be great, but at least I'm trying and not getting too comfortable with using someone else's artwork as a platform to learn. 

Also, before I forget. I did promise to show the character design I did a few weeks ago. Dun dun DUUUUUUN!


Here he is. I won't disclose too much about the company - been asked to do some more freelance work for them so hopefully this'll go well and I'll have more to show. This isn't the final character so I'm able to show this as it belongs to myself. The aim was to create a character that kids could like. I'm quite pleased with this as it's not too kiddy. Plus everyone I've shown seem to fall in love with the character so I must have done something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment