Tuesday 5 August 2014

Such a busy bee!

So between work and work experience I've got hardly any time to myself. Good thing the work experience is an excuse to draw! Gives me a chance to keep experimenting and keep learning. I'm now proud to say that I've started experimenting with my colouring so I'm now picking my own colours. Must mean I'm learning something!

I thought I'd try a more dark background that lacks colour. This way I can work on my tones and even lighting. I'm quite pleased with the end result, especially since I wanted a more cartoony style than my usual drawings. I think this works well and I'm glad I tried it. Definitely found that it's helping with my tones for other drawings.


I was asked to make some general assets for work experience. As I usually draw human characters, I thought I'd go for a change and draw an animal and see what I came up with. After some doodling I came up with this bee. I'm very pleased to say that's it's completely my own design, colours and all. That's something that doesn't happen often. Usually I use some sort of image as reference.


Today, although I was working on general assets, I did a LOT of backgrounds. I've been asked if I can try out Illustrator so I thought I'd try out a vector style in photoshop before I learn the new program. I've got to say I quite like the style. It's a lot different from what I'm used to but it's fun messing about with gradients and shapes. Plus it takes a lot less time than I'm used to!


This isn't something I usually do but I was reading manga the other day and came across one called "Bokura no Kiseki". It's all about people remembering their past lives and being friends in more than one lifetime. Also, it explores the idea of people being reborn to forgive past mistakes. I thought this was a pretty neat idea. I'm not just randomly saying this, I actually got really inspired by this! I think that it's a really sweet thing to imagine so why not play around with this topic. It's gave me an idea for a short animation, although it won't be started for a while. Since a blog post's supposed to outline development and thoughts I thought I'd stick this in here. Plus it means when I reread this I'll remember about this idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment