Thursday 21 August 2014

Tah dah, pictures!

So I have some good news. I've not only finished that underwater background but completed another one! I'm actually quite enjoying this. Still using concept art as a reference but I started to mess around with the plants and colours in this first picture. Starting to feel confident enough to start messing around. I'm surprised at how quickly I'm picking this up. I know it's difficult adapting to colouring in graphics programs. Must be because I'm experimenting so much!

Also, a friend recently told me about downloading brushes in photoshop. I'm ashamed to say it's taken me this long to start using more than one brush! It's making the drawing so much easier and looks a lot smoother than it did before. Really glad I was told about this. You should check out her stuff. It's amazing! You can find it at liliacheung.com!


I wasn't too sure of this second picture at first. Originally I was starting to make backgrounds that could scroll but I wanted to try something a bit more detailed. I found this concept art online and fell in love with it. Thought I should redo it in my own style so I could learn more about underwater colours and sea life. I'm now really happy with it. Took me slightly longer than I expected (maybe 6-8 hours?) but it was well worth it. I've been told this is quick for a background but it still feels really slow to me.


Anyway that's it for this week. Might try and do some character work for next week and show the character design I did not long ago. I'll wait and see what I feel like first. Also depends on what Zapcoder want from me next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment