Sunday 17 August 2014

Quick update

Just a quick update this time. Been pretty busy with work so not got much to show this week. I'm currently in the middle of a new background - being adventurous and going for an underwater theme. Hopefully that'll be done within the next day or two so it should be ready for the next update.

Also, I've been having a bit of artist's block lately. I get it every now and then and usually I can get over it by just looking at other people's amazing artwork. Not a good thing to have though when you've got to draw for work experience. I thought I'd do a quick character drawing to try and get myself out of this slump - plus it feels like it's been ages since I've done a character drawing. Don't want to get out of practice!


Still got a lot of things to work on, mainly colour and proportions. I'm quite happy with how this turned out considering it was supposed to be a quick drawing. Plus I'd seen a colour palette I wanted to try out and this gave me an excuse. Better get back to that underwater background so I have something for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment