Tuesday 7 October 2014

A little late

I'm a little bit late this time. I meant to upload on Sunday but I never got round to it. I'm away for a week on Friday but I should be able to upload something either just before I go or while I'm away so there should be a post for this week too.

I've been busy doing lots of sketches. Nothing anywhere near complete but it feels good getting lots of ideas down again. Especially when I'd been struggling before with my artist's block. For some reason I've been sketching a lot of halloween themed drawings. Definitely seeing some improvements as I'm drawing without reference and completely from my imagination. Plus my characters seem to have a lot more "life" in them now - not completely rigid poses. Still plenty to improve on but I'm making some progress.





I've already started work on the drawing for this week's post. It's my sister's 18th so I thought I'd draw her something. I also wanted to experiment a bit with drawing hair so I've got another character on the way. Some day I will actually get that forest scene finished or at least enough done to post an update on this. I have been working on it but as so many ideas came to my head I thought it was best to sketch them before they go. Hopefully I'll have more to show of it when I'm back from my holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment