Saturday 12 July 2014

Simple, yet effective

So it's about time I upload something new. Not that I'm keeping to a strict timetable but I feel that this should be updated regularly, even if it's just progress sketches.

I've now officially graduated! It wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be, just another day. Not one of us tripped up, in fact it went by rather smoothly. I was lucky enough to get a photo with my class so that I can remember them for a while. It's kind of put me in a weird mood. I want to be productive and be the best I can but at the same time it's the end of an era and I don't want to rush things. I'm finally through education (although I'm considering a Masters degree) and it's quite emotional going through that. The stress of trying to get a job combined with a lack of knowing what to do with yourself if a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. 

So right now I'm taking things slowly. I decided that I'd experiment with a new style I came across earlier today. Just something small and cute to upload while I sort out the inevitable question of what to do for the rest of my life. I'm incredibly pleased with how it's turned out, despite how quick it was to create. I definitely think I'll be using this style a lot more often. I quite like the colouring style too. Despite not knowing much it was very simple to replicate. Every step helps though so I'm glad I've managed to create something I love.


I've always wanted to create something Japanese and I've never been able to create something I'm happy with. I'm quite happy that my fascination with a culture so different from my own has been put into a simple drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment