Thursday 17 July 2014

Who knew characters would be so fun?

Wow talk about being busy! Everything's happening at the one time. I got a job to help out my family and then just after got contacted by a local company about work experience! I'm allowed to create any kind of artwork, no matter the style, and it'll be uploaded to their app. It's not quite up and running yet but keep an eye out for Zapcoder. It's basically an app where you can create your own games, even with your own customisation settings. Going to be pretty busy if I'm going between work and work experience!

I've also got a little job as a character designer for a friend. I never thought designing kids characters would be so much fun! You get to be as crazy as you want and go wild with the colours. I do really enjoy drawing characters, but usually they're inspired by an image or a certain style I come across. It's not often that I actually design my own characters. So I never thought designing would be as much fun as experimenting is. Don't think I'm quite cut out for character designing but it's definitely fun giving it a go!

So I've been experimenting more with that style from last time. I'm quite pleased with how these have turned out. Perhaps they're not as good as the last but I'm definitely adopting this style! Plus I've decided my next project will use illustrations in this style. 


The first is loosely inspired by "Nausicaa" by Studio Ghibli. It was quite an interesting pose to attempt. Think I'll try and stray away from the rigid poses I'm used to as this pose gives the character a bit more "life".


I also wanted to do another "cute" picture. One theme I've never explored in an image is a proposal so I thought this would be a great opportunity to try. I think the style fits it so I'm very pleased. Think my next challenge is working on my colours so that my project can be even better. Bring on the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment